What are the pros and cons of buying a refurbished copy machine?
- All-in-one machines. An all-in-one machine that has printing, faxing, and scanning capacities is more appropriate for home use than business use. Typically refurbished all-in-one machines are more expensive than other kinds of refurbished printers. Additionally, they are not designed to handle the high volume that most businesses require.
- Initial price vs. monthly expenses. You are guaranteed to get a lower initial price on a refurbished copier than a brand new copier every time. Keep in mind that most used copiers come with hidden costs, such as maintenance agreements. You must assess the total cost of ownership.
- The numbers. Every professional copier has a built-in counter for tracking usage. Instead of simply trusting the numbers that a dealer supplies, verify them yourself.
- Warranty. A refurbished copier should always include some type of warranty or maintenance agreement. New copiers come with full warranties that include machine breakdowns. In comparison, a typical dealer warranty for a refurbished copier lasts between one and three months and covers minimal repairs, which is much more limiting. Don't be afraid to ask for an extension if you would like a longer or more involved warranty.
- Service agreements. If a service or maintenance agreement is available, it is worth it. Generally these agreements cover copier components such as belts.
- Tax benefits. Typically there are significant tax deductions that come with financing new and refurbished copiers that are not available when you buy a copier outright. It is important to research these deductions before you buy a copier to maximize the potential of the purchase.
- The dealer. Choosing the right leader can make all the difference when it comes to purchasing a high quality copier. When you work with UCI, you get salesmen who have extensive experience selling used copiers. They understand what offering truly refurbished copiers really means.
When you are in the market for a copier, there is no better place to go in the Amarillo area than UCI. You're guaranteed to have a real person on the line every time you call UCI as well as a 1.3 hour technician response time and same-day parts and supplies delivery. Head over to our website or give us a call at 806-372-7722.