How To Change A Copy Machine Drum
Following these steps can help take the confusion out of changing a copy machine drum.
- If the copy machine you are working with has several drawers and different doors, you may want to look at the manual first. Most manuals can be found online through a simple search.
- Once you’ve located where the drum should be, open the main copier door and look for the correct level. You may find each separate level is color coded and this can help you locate the right place in the future.
- Remove the entire cartridge from the machine. You should now see the drum cartridge fitted inside the main toner cartridge. Slide it out carefully.
- Now that you have the old cartridge out, open the new cartridge. Ensure that you don't touch the sides of the cartridge, as this will lead to ink on your fingers.
- Take the new drum and place it inside the main cartridge; you will know it is secure when you hear it click into place.
- Now you can put the main cartridge back into the machine, closing all opened doors.
- Your copier machine should be able to detect that a new cartridge is in place. This should show up on the copy machine’s main screen.
Why Contact UCI For All Your Copy Machine Needs?
If you feel your copier is out of date and you are spending too much time fixing your current copier, you may want to contact UCI documents. Our company has been providing businesses in Amarillo and Lubbock with copier solutions for over 20 years. If you are looking for high-quality copier products, network services and copier technicians that respond quickly, contact us today at UCI Documents. We can offer you a range of copy machine services to meet your business needs.