The good news is that answering a few basic questions will significantly narrow down your search. You'll be on your way to making a solid copier purchase or lease in no time.
What to ask when buying an office copier?
- How many copies do I need to make? The general guideline is that a standard large company makes anywhere from 2,000 to 25,000 copies monthly. If you currently own or lease a copier, you can track the number of copies made with the built-in counter. Copiers that cannot handle 2,000 copies per month will be frustratingly slow. Unless you have a commercial copier company that makes 25,000 to 75,000 copies monthly, this capacity is overkill.
- Do I need to make color copies? Color copies use four tone and transfer units while black and white copiers use just one, which makes it considerably cheaper. If you do not need a color copier, it not worth spending the money on this feature.
- How fast can it make copies? The type of business that you have largely affects the speed of copies that your company requires. Businesses that make regular copies for customers and employees must have an accurate, fast, and efficient copier. Businesses that make copies infrequently do not have to be as concerned about speed.
- Does the copier come with a warranty? Warranty protection is not a primary concern for an inexpensive copier. Expensive commercial copiers should include a protective warranty that has labor and parts coverage for at least one year. Many companies purchase extended warranties because manufacturer's warranties often have insufficient protection for their businesses. Ask about the copier company's maintenance agreement.
- What is my price range? Every business has a personal copier budget. Be realistic about this budget as well as the size of the copier that you really need for your business. Research your options before jumping into a purchase to ensure that your budget gets you a copier that is well suited to your copying needs. You want to make sure that you have the features and capacity that your company requires, but you also don't want to overpay.
Are you in need of a full-service copier company in Amarillo, Texas? UCI offers top-notch customer service, a range of copiers at affordable price points and outstanding technician response times for copier repairs. We pride ourselves on getting to the bottom of every copier issue. Give us a call today at 806-372-7722 to speak to one of our friendly, professional representatives.